How GOV.UK Verify can help services
As services move online to make things simpler and faster for users, they can face an increased risk of fraud. Using GOV.UK Verify to prove identity online can:
- help protect services and users from fraud
- replace face-to-face identity checks
- stop users waiting for documents to arrive in the post
- replace physical signatures on legal documents
How GOV.UK Verify works
- 'Certified companies' check the details users provide against records held by organisations like credit agencies.
- Data isn’t stored in one place or shared unnecessarily.
- There are different levels of identity assurance so services can choose the right one for them.
- GOV.UK Verify continually monitors for fraud.
Read more about how GOV.UK Verify works.
Secure by design
- meet EU rules like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- meet the highest anti-fraud standards
- protect users’ privacy
Read about the identity assurance principles that GOV.UK Verify follows.
Tried and trusted
You don’t need to build your own digital identity check from scratch or go through a long procurement process.
GOV.UK Verify has been designed and tested by GDS and it’s being used by over 2 million users and 8 organisations, including:
Food & Rural Affairs
for Work &
“Being able to verify their identity online saves our users time and means we can start processing their application quicker.”
– Lisa Keenaghan, Digital Service Manager, Disclosure and Barring Service
Email us if you’d like to know more about using GOV.UK Verify.